We provide support to present at professional conferences, including poster printing.
Completed applications, along with supporting documents, should be submitted to the Center for Engaged Learning office. Review the Student Conference Travel Request: Application & Guidelines [PDF] to find out more.
Some General Considerations for Student Travel:
- Our office will only fund travel to one conference per student per academic year. The spending limit is $1,000 for domestic travel and $1,500 for international travel.
- The travel application should be filled out and submitted to our office as soon as possible, preferably at least one month before the conference. Submitting forms early gives our office more time to make the most convenient and cost-effective travel plans for the student.
- Our office does not reimburse food-related expenses at conferences.
- How to reconcile your travel in Workday
- Our office provides the service of booking flights, hotel and conference registration in advance. But if a student books independently, then they are required to save all receipts and submit them to our office as soon as possible after returning to campus.
- Reimbursements for student-incurred expenses can be processed following the conference and submission of final paperwork.
- If you will be presenting a research poster see our POSTER PRINTING website for guidelines and submitting your poster for printing.
Students are also advised that they may be eligible to apply for conference travel funds from the Student Government Association if they belong to an SGA-funded organization.
If you have questions about the process of applying for student travel, please contact us.