Female student studies outside


The 2018-19 financial aid award year is defined as Fall 2018, Spring, 2019, and Summer 2019. If you are planning to attend a Summer 2018 session (part of the 2017-18 academic year), you must have federal aid eligibility remaining from the 2017-18 academic year and enroll at least half-time (6 credits) to receive need-based financial assistance for the Summer 2018 term.. Please note that institutional aid is not available for summer terms.


All applicants interested in being considered for federal and state grants, loans, and work study for the Summer 2018 term must complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA (at least a month before the summer session begins). Most returning students who were enrolled in the 2017-18 academic year will have completed the 2017-18 FAFSA; however, please check with the Office of Financial Aid to confirm this. The Title IV code to use for Furman to receive your FAFSA results is 003434.

Note for incoming students:If you are an entering freshman enrolling in a Summer 2018 session rather than the Fall 2018 term, you will need to complete the 2017-18 FAFSA even though you may have completed the 2018-19 FAFSA during your admission application process.

Summer Research and Internship Fellows

Furman offers one of the few programs in the country that directly funds student internships and research experiences, providing competitive fellowships for students who would otherwise receive little or no payment. Learn more about our research and internship fellowships.

Federal Pell Grant

To qualify for a Pell Grant for the Summer 2018 term, you must have Pell Grant eligibility remaining after the preceding Fall and Spring terms. You could be eligible for this grant if you did not attend class in the previous academic year, or if you did not fully utilize your grant during those terms. Contact our office to find out if you are eligible.