FURMAN OFFERS A WIDE RANGE OF STUDY AWAY OPTIONS:
500+FURMAN STUDENTS STUDY AWAY EACH YEAR
59%OF FURMAN STUDENTS STUDY AWAY
1/3OF FURMAN FACULTY MEMBERS LEAD A STUDY AWAY PROGRAM EACH YEAR
STUDY AWAY OVERVIEW
swipe to see more
Furman offers a variety of study away programs for our students. Get ready for your experience and review our study away resources including:
- Study Away Application & Scholarship Portals
- Diversity, Identity & Study Away Resources
- Health & Safety Information
- Furman University's Study Away Student Handbook
If you're interested in studying away, we don't want financial matters to deter you. In fact, the cost for most of our semester study away programs is comparable to a semester on Furman's campus.
- Students may apply their financial aid to all of our approved semester programs (Faculty-Led, Affiliate and Exchange)
- Included with each program are course credits, all-in country program-related travel, housing, some or most meals, and international health insurance.
- MayX courses range from $3000-$6000 depending on location and itinerary.
Students may continue to apply merit scholarships or need-based financial aid toward approved faculty-led, affiliate and exchange semester programs.
- Students with demonstrated financial need may apply for the financial need-based Study Away Scholarship for a semester, summer, or MayX program.
- Many affiliate and exchange programs offer scholarship opportunities and we encourage Furman students to apply for those funding sources.
- Students may be eligible to apply for outside funding through national or international governmental scholarships, working as a program social media blogger/ambassador, or applying for aid through your current leadership clubs and organizations.
Students can recieve major, minor, GER, and general university credit while on study away.
- Most students earn 15-18 credit hours on semester programs.
- Students recieve 4 CLP credits on semester study away faculty-led, affiliate, and exchange programs.
- Students recieve 2 Furman credits on MayX programs.
Study Away in the News
Learn more about our study away events and news.
Want to learn more about Study Away?
Feel free to contact our office if you have a question or need to get in touch with one of our staff members.