Thank you for your interest in the Shucker Leadership Institute!
Class of 2026, applications will close on Friday, September 2nd. To apply, fill out the digital application here.
As you consider applying for the program, we ask that you keep the following details in mind:
- You must be an incoming Furman University undergraduate student (i.e. First-Year student or Transfer Sophomore) of any major
- Students must be available for a weekly meeting ranging from 1-2 hours a week, plus additional sporadic programming events throughout the semester
- You must submit a digital application
- A completed recommendation form is required to be considered for the program. Your recommendation should come from someone who can speak to your leadership potential as a candidate for the Shucker Leadership Institute. Examples of people you can ask include, but are not limited to, coaches, mentors, teachers, club advisors, etc. The recommendation form will be sent to you upon submission of your application. Your recommender’s completed form should be emailed directly from your recommender to our assistant director, Natalie Kindler at email@example.com by Wednesday, September 7th, 2022. If you have questions or concerns regarding the recommendation component, please feel free to contact us.
- Interest in leadership development, personal growth, and making a difference in surrounding communities
- Desire to foster relationships with fellow students, staff, community partners, and alumni alike
Following application submission, you will be contacted regarding our required two-part interview process which will take place within the first few weeks of the semester.