Class members and speakers set for “Connections”
Furman University has selected the 2013 class and slate of speakers for “Connections: Women Leaders of the Upstate,” the university’s premier leadership development program. Since its inception in 1997, the program brings women together to connect, take control of their careers, become stronger leaders, and make significant contributions to their communities.
Eight Upstate communities are represented in this year’s class with 33 members from Fountain Inn, Greenville, Greer, Inman, Mauldin, Simpsonville, Spartanburg and Taylors. Connections class members are selected based on employer nomination and track record of community and professional leadership activities.
Class members are: Carol C. Perrin Cobb, Betty Cox, Ashley Cuttino, Pam Davis, Ann Driscoll, Natalie Dunham, Joy Grayson, Euleta Hagins, Stephanie Haltiwanger, Denice Harris, Berri Hicks, April Huttunen, Kacie Jackson, Anna Joiner, Brooke Jones, Keri Macaulay, Barbara Martin, Betsy McMillan, Sara Montero-Buria, Tammy Moore, Emily Muserallo, Lindsey Myers, Amanda Perkins, Rhiannon Poore, Carrie Priddy, Tamara Robertson, Deidre Sandrock, Lauren Scoggins, Melissa Seely, Michelle Walley, Tracy Waters, Heather Witt, and Nicole Wood.
Speakers for Connections 2013 are:
- Ms. Deb Sofield, Executive Speech Coach, “The Voice of a Leader,” Jan. 14
- Dr. Colleen Keith, President, Spartanburg Methodist College, “A Leader’s Sense of Self,” Feb. 11
- Ms. Allison Black Cornelius, Principal, Blackfish Consulting, “The Mind of a Leader,” March 4
- Ms. Luanne Runge, Chairperson, Greenville Chamber of Commerce, “The Soul of a Leader,” March 25
- Ms. Tan Kirby-Davis, Founder, Kirby Resource Group, “A Leader Embodied,” April 8
- The Hon. Aphrodite Konduros, South Carolina Court of Appeals (Graduation Speaker), April 29
For more information about Connections, visit www.furman.edu/learningforyou, or contact Learning for You director, Beth Crews at 864-294-2156.