The Engaged Living First-Year Experience application will available in May 2022. You will be able to complete the application once you receive your network credentials.
Deadline to apply: Friday, June 10, 2022 at 5:00pm EDT
Every year, the Engaged Living First-Year Experience invites interested students from Furman’s incoming first-year class to join our community. Our community’s residents are campus ambassadors, student research fellows, and leaders in student government, fraternity and sorority life, and other organizations.
Some are student-athletes while others perform in campus productions. No matter how you choose to be involved at Furman, the Engaged Living First-Year Experience program ensures that your first-year experience will be rewarding and fun.
You can complete your Engaged Living application online. You will need your Furman username and password, which will be provided to you in mid-May. To submit your application login to your Housing Self-Service Portal using your Furman username and password.
Once you are logged in:
- In the navigation on the left select the “Application” drop-down menu
- Click on “Freshmen Engaged Living Application”
- Read the disclaimer statement and electronically acknowledge at the bottom
- Click “Continue”
- Answer the application questions in one document per community
- Attach the answers to the essay questions for each community you are interested in (please submit as .docx or .pdf file)
- Click “Continue”
- You will receive a confirmation message to your Furman email account
Prepare Your Application
Waiting on your Furman network credentials, but you want to get a head start on your application? Here are the essay questions you will need to answer! You will submit separate documents for each community you are applying to.
- Why are you interested in Healthcare Today and what do you hope to gain from your participation?
- Describe experiences/opportunities (if any) you have had to observe areas of healthcare (ex shadowing, volunteer work).
Politics and the Human Soul
- What interested you in the Politics community and what do you hope to gain from your participation?
- What book has changed or deepened your perspective, and how?