Upstate Connections Networking Nights
December 1, 2022
4:30 – 6:30
Networking night for industries: business, technology, science, & health
February 15, 2023
4:30 – 6:30
Networking night for industries: government, nonprofit, public service, communication/marketing, fine arts, & entertainment
Furman’s Malone Center for Career Engagement and Internship Office in the Center for Engaged Learning, working in partnership with the Greenville Chamber and the Upstate SC Alliance, invites Furman faculty to network with top companies located in the upstate. Because faculty mentors play such a significant role in students’ career exploration and their discovery of career paths, we want to include faculty in networking forums to better equip them for the pivotal role they play in supporting students with their post-graduation planning.
Beyond the obvious job and internship explorations, we also hope this is an opportunity to bring together Furman faculty and local organizations to promote:
- Better understanding of specific skills and experiences companies consider when hiring early career talent from Furman.
- Help cultivate richer relationships with top companies for short and long-term career opportunities for students.
- Share knowledge of industry trends, news, research endeavors, and projects which may benefit classroom lessons.
- Deepen our understanding of local organizations and how we may play a key role in their development – especially through hiring Furman students.
We hope you take this opportunity to join the Center for Engaged Learning’s Internship Office and the Malone Center for Career Engagement to speak with local companies about Furman’s extraordinary student talent and academic character – just in their backyard!
Furman’s Malone Center for Career Engagement and Internship Office in the Center for Engaged Learning, working with the Greenville Chamber and the Upstate SC Alliance, invite you to a happy hour networking event with Furman faculty. Often our events are designed for students and companies, but our hope is that bringing you together with faculty will result in stronger connections for your hiring efforts.
Beyond the obvious job and internship explorations, you may also discover other opportunities to collaborate with Furman faculty similar to the recent partnership between Michelin and Furman’s data analytics department. We hope this is an opportunity to bring together local organizations and Furman faculty to promote:
- Better understanding of specific skills and experiences you consider when hiring early career talent to join your company.
- Share your knowledge of industry trends and news, your research endeavors, and special projects because faculty are often looking for ways to enhance their classroom lessons or build relevant connections from theory to the real world.
- Deepen your understanding of how Furman stands out as a top university in South Carolina (and the US) and how we can play a key role in your company’s growth – especially through hiring talented Furman students.
To help build lasting connections with Furman faculty, we do ask that any company participating in this event have intentions on recruiting students for full-time opportunities that require a 4-year degree.