Furman Young Benefactors is a designated giving society for alumni that have graduated in the last 20 years and the starting point for our next generation of leadership donors. Young Benefactors represent the strength of Furman’s young alumni base and donations help support a variety of important projects and initiatives. You can give for what matters to you, network with fellow alumni leaders, and attend unique events like Furman’s Bell Tower Ball.
How to join Young Benefactors
Alumni between the classes of 1999 and 2018 can become members of the Young Benefactors program in one of two ways:
- Class of 1999-2008 requires a minimum donation of $1,000
- Class of 2009-2018 requires a minimum donation of $500
Want to be a YB but are feeling overwhelmed? Check out our step-up and monthly plans:
Young Benefactors: Alumni between the classes of 1998 and 2017 can become members of the Young Benefactors program in one of two ways:
- Donate $1,000 before June 30, 2018
- Commit to a three-year step-up plan* that involves:
• a $500 donation before June 30, 2018
• a $750 donation before June 30, 2019
• a $1,000 donation before June 30, 2020
*Donors who participate in this manner receive Young Benefactor program credit and benefits for all three years of their commitment.
YB10s: Alumni between the classes of 2008 and 2017 receive all of the benefits of Young Benefactor membership, however, membership requires only a donation of $500 before June 30, 2018.
Monthly donors: Some of our donors prefer a monthly payment program through either an automatic bank draft or a credit card charge.
- $41.67/month = $500 annually
- $62.50/month = $750 annually
- $83.33/month = $1,000 annually
Why join Young Benefactors
Young Benefactors represent the strength of Furman’s young alumni base, and Young Benefactor donations help support any number of projects and initiatives at the university. Please consider a gift to any of the following designations that directly impact our annual needs.
- Furman United (need-based scholarships and assistance for current students)
- Paladin Club (athletic scholarships)
- Undergraduate Research and Internships
- Study Away
- Current operating needs
Benefits include Young Benefactor-specific events (including some special Homecoming opportunities and the Bell Tower Ball, our annual gala event for leadership-level donors), local young alumni leadership, early communication from Furman regarding key university matters, and the Young Benefactor Newsletter.
It was through the generosity of others that I was even able to attend Furman. Thus, giving back financially was a 'no-brainer' for me. I want to help others experience the amazing education and life opportunities that Furman afforded to me.