Student Health Services

The Earle Student Health Center is Furman’s dedicated on-campus healthcare system that works to accommodate students’ health and medical needs in any way. Earle partners with Prisma Health, the region’s largest provider for health care.

Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the Earle Health Center has been committed to preventing the spread of COVID-19 within the Furman community in several ways:

1. Requiring students to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19
  2. Providing free testing for all students with a fast turnaround of results
  3. Sending out weekly updates to students on the updated COVID-19 cases and rates

Coming to campus in the middle of a global pandemic, I was nervous about what life would look like. I can confidently say Furman has done an incredible job with COVID-19 compared to other institutions and we operate almost completely normally. I feel comfortable around all of my peers knowing Earle’s persistent efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 on campus.

I got the flu my finals week and it was probably one of the most stressful experiences of my life. Imagine having to take your first-ever college finals and you can’t get out of bed. I didn’t know what to do. After getting checked out by the Earle center, they were in direct communication with my professors and the academic dean. They worked it out that I was able to be exempt from my exams which I would take in January.

At many schools, you would still have to find a way to take exams regardless of your health circumstances. Furman and Earle Health work to meet all student’s needs through understanding the context of their situations. Attending a school that cares so deeply about their students and their health makes me truly proud to be a Paladin.

All the best,

TJ

Recent Posts

A Glimpse into Summer Orientation

With a few sessions of Summer Orientation completed, today, I want to give you guys a glimpse into what a day of “Summer O” is like for our incoming freshmen! The day starts with O-Staff...

Continue Reading >

Admissions Summer 22 Interns

Alex Lister Hey everyone! My name is Alex Lister and I’m a rising junior here at Furman! I’m from Princeton, NJ and studying Psychology and Spanish with the hopes of being a therapist for bilingual...

Continue Reading >

Wreaking HAVOC

Are you competitive? Dedicated to fundraising? Wanting to meet new people? If so, HAVOC is the competition for you! HAVOC is an annual competition put on by our Student Activities Board (FUSAB). Think CBS Survivor...

Continue Reading >