Student Health Services

Last updated February 10, 2022

By Renee Neves

The Earle Student Health Center is Furman’s dedicated on-campus healthcare system that works to accommodate students’ health and medical needs in any way. Earle partners with Prisma Health, the region’s largest provider for health care.

Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the Earle Health Center has been committed to preventing the spread of COVID-19 within the Furman community in several ways:

1. Requiring students to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19
  2. Providing free testing for all students with a fast turnaround of results
  3. Sending out weekly updates to students on the updated COVID-19 cases and rates

Coming to campus in the middle of a global pandemic, I was nervous about what life would look like. I can confidently say Furman has done an incredible job with COVID-19 compared to other institutions and we operate almost completely normally. I feel comfortable around all of my peers knowing Earle’s persistent efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 on campus.

I got the flu my finals week and it was probably one of the most stressful experiences of my life. Imagine having to take your first-ever college finals and you can’t get out of bed. I didn’t know what to do. After getting checked out by the Earle center, they were in direct communication with my professors and the academic dean. They worked it out that I was able to be exempt from my exams which I would take in January.

At many schools, you would still have to find a way to take exams regardless of your health circumstances. Furman and Earle Health work to meet all student’s needs through understanding the context of their situations. Attending a school that cares so deeply about their students and their health makes me truly proud to be a Paladin.

All the best,

TJ