Introducing Me: Olivia Pearson

Hello beautiful people! My name is Olivia Pearson 🙂

I am beyond excited to give you all a peek into my freshman year here at Furman University. Lets start with the basics… I was born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina, and am excited to be living in a new city. I grew up going to a small, private school and stayed at that same school until graduating from high school. When l was looking for colleges, I wanted to find a place that felt as homey and welcoming as my previous school and Furman University was the perfect match.

Before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s rewind a bit so I can tell you about myself. I am a lover of people; I’ve never met a person I couldn’t talk to. I love connecting with others and hearing their stories. I am very passionate about both traveling and photography, and have done both since I was very little. Whether it was making pretend Youtube videos, asking for a new kind of camera each Christmas, or editing “music videos” of my friends and me, I have always loved capturing moments. I get my love for traveling from my dad. Growing up in a single-parent home, with just my dad and me, our adventures were endless. Here are some of my favorite adventures:

This is my dad Talmadge! 

He has taught me everything I know. He is the biggest extrovert and people person I know and I like to think that I took after him in those ways. He has taught me to love others well and live life to the fullest! That is why I am coming to Furman, to pursue all my big dreams. I plan to double major in photography/ film and communications with hopes to travel and captures memories as a job. Whether that be with weddings, travel documentaries, or working as someone’s social media intern – I AM EXCITED! 

I cannot wait to walk you through my freshman year here at Furman and pass along all the amazing lessons I learn. I have been here for about a month and absolutely love it. I feel at home, a home where I can accomplish all I hope to.

Keep an eye out on the @fuadmissions page for my takeovers and blog posts 🙂

With love,

-Olivia Pearson 

Recent Posts

Home Sweet Home

Finding the perfect college is all about finding a place that feels like home. For me, Furman has always kind of felt like a second home. My family loves this place and I always spent...

Continue Reading >

Finding Your Furman Family!

From the start of my college searching process Furman always felt like a home to me. I found myself in constant amazement on how intentional one university could be. Between the small class room settings,...

Continue Reading >

HOME at Furman

If you ask any Furman student, they will all tell you the same thing. Furman is home. It is where we eat, live, play, learn, and most importantly, it is where our people are. Each...

Continue Reading >