Introducing Me: Olivia Pearson

Hello beautiful people! My name is Olivia Pearson 🙂

I am beyond excited to give you all a peek into my freshman year here at Furman University. Lets start with the basics… I was born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina, and am excited to be living in a new city. I grew up going to a small, private school and stayed at that same school until graduating from high school. When l was looking for colleges, I wanted to find a place that felt as homey and welcoming as my previous school and Furman University was the perfect match.

Before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s rewind a bit so I can tell you about myself. I am a lover of people; I’ve never met a person I couldn’t talk to. I love connecting with others and hearing their stories. I am very passionate about both traveling and photography, and have done both since I was very little. Whether it was making pretend Youtube videos, asking for a new kind of camera each Christmas, or editing “music videos” of my friends and me, I have always loved capturing moments. I get my love for traveling from my dad. Growing up in a single-parent home, with just my dad and me, our adventures were endless. Here are some of my favorite adventures:

This is my dad Talmadge! 

He has taught me everything I know. He is the biggest extrovert and people person I know and I like to think that I took after him in those ways. He has taught me to love others well and live life to the fullest! That is why I am coming to Furman, to pursue all my big dreams. I plan to double major in photography/ film and communications with hopes to travel and captures memories as a job. Whether that be with weddings, travel documentaries, or working as someone’s social media intern – I AM EXCITED! 

I cannot wait to walk you through my freshman year here at Furman and pass along all the amazing lessons I learn. I have been here for about a month and absolutely love it. I feel at home, a home where I can accomplish all I hope to.

Keep an eye out on the @fuadmissions page for my takeovers and blog posts 🙂

With love,

-Olivia Pearson 

Recent Posts

A Glimpse into Summer Orientation

With a few sessions of Summer Orientation completed, today, I want to give you guys a glimpse into what a day of “Summer O” is like for our incoming freshmen! The day starts with O-Staff...

Continue Reading >

Admissions Summer 22 Interns

Alex Lister Hey everyone! My name is Alex Lister and I’m a rising junior here at Furman! I’m from Princeton, NJ and studying Psychology and Spanish with the hopes of being a therapist for bilingual...

Continue Reading >

Wreaking HAVOC

Are you competitive? Dedicated to fundraising? Wanting to meet new people? If so, HAVOC is the competition for you! HAVOC is an annual competition put on by our Student Activities Board (FUSAB). Think CBS Survivor...

Continue Reading >