Introducing Me: Olivia Pearson

Last updated September 30, 2021

By Olivia Pearson

Hello beautiful people! My name is Olivia Pearson 🙂

I am beyond excited to give you all a peek into my freshman year here at Furman University. Lets start with the basics… I was born and raised in Charlotte, North Carolina, and am excited to be living in a new city. I grew up going to a small, private school and stayed at that same school until graduating from high school. When l was looking for colleges, I wanted to find a place that felt as homey and welcoming as my previous school and Furman University was the perfect match.

Before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s rewind a bit so I can tell you about myself. I am a lover of people; I’ve never met a person I couldn’t talk to. I love connecting with others and hearing their stories. I am very passionate about both traveling and photography, and have done both since I was very little. Whether it was making pretend Youtube videos, asking for a new kind of camera each Christmas, or editing “music videos” of my friends and me, I have always loved capturing moments. I get my love for traveling from my dad. Growing up in a single-parent home, with just my dad and me, our adventures were endless. Here are some of my favorite adventures:

This is my dad Talmadge! 

He has taught me everything I know. He is the biggest extrovert and people person I know and I like to think that I took after him in those ways. He has taught me to love others well and live life to the fullest! That is why I am coming to Furman, to pursue all my big dreams. I plan to double major in photography/ film and communications with hopes to travel and captures memories as a job. Whether that be with weddings, travel documentaries, or working as someone’s social media intern – I AM EXCITED! 

I cannot wait to walk you through my freshman year here at Furman and pass along all the amazing lessons I learn. I have been here for about a month and absolutely love it. I feel at home, a home where I can accomplish all I hope to.

Keep an eye out on the @fuadmissions page for my takeovers and blog posts 🙂

With love,

-Olivia PearsonÂ