My Favorite Spring Activities in Greenville

Last updated April 20, 2021

By Colin Klaff

There is so much to enjoy about Greenville, but when the weather starts to look as great as it does in the spring here, this place becomes very special. From hiking to enjoying the campus, to taking advantage of the downtown area, there are so many amazing things to do around here. When the sun is out and the weather hits a nice 70 degrees, you can already tell its going to be a great day in Greenville.

One thing I like to do is go on a hike with my friends. I mentioned in a previous blog that hiking at Paris Mountain when the weather is cold and rainy is very fun, but hiking when it is warm and sunny is the best! The trails there are amazing and I have had so much fun having meaningful conversations and so many fun memories hiking with my good friends there. The views at the top are so cool and from one side of the mountain you can even see Furman’s campus which is definitely one of the coolest and prettiest views in the Greenville area. Being able to see the entire campus from a birds eye view from the mountain is so awesome and reminds you once again how beautiful the campus is.

Speaking of the campus, there are more great ways to spend nice days here as well. Many students enjoy taking advantage of the many green spaces on campus to relax and take in some sun, listen to music outside, or chill on their patio or porch if they live in North Village and more. Hanging out on campus is awesome because its so convenient and everything is accessible. One of the things I really like to do is rent a bike from the Physical Activity Center (PAC) and ride on the Swamp Rabbit Trail and head downtown.

This leads to me to my next point which is going downtown. This is a fun thing to do both during the day and the night when its warm. There are countless numbers of shops and restaurant to go to and other fun places like Kilwin’s Chocolate Shop, Insomnia Cookies, and Poppington’s Gourmet Popcorn. After getting something from those fun shops its always fun to walk the suspension bridge above the park and look at the Reedy River flow down the rocks. It’s such a relaxing way to spend the day.