The Caring Professors Here At Furman

Last updated March 31, 2021

By Colin Klaff

One of the many advantages of being a student here at Furman is that you have incredible resources for all of your classes. One of the greatest resources is the professor of your class. I have had an amazing experience the past couple years because of some of my professors. The small class sizes and detailed course layout definitely fosters a meaningful relationship with both your classmates and the professor, which can be very helpful in the case that you need help in that class.

My sophomore year I had to take a statistics class to fulfill a prerequisite for my major and I just signed up for any stats course that was available. I happened to register for a class that had what would be the best professor I have had here at Furman. He was passionate and excited to teach this class which made paying attention and learning a lot easier and more enjoyable. My professor always made time to answer the classes questions and always made extra time out of class to help all of us. As someone who doesn’t like math at all such as myself, this professor made a math based course my favorite one that semester which was very surprising for me.

The idea of having a great professor for your classes is something that many people don’t think about but is very important. The right professor can really make or break your experience in that class. Luckily here at Furman, there are so many amazing professors and I have not experienced a class with a professor that isn’t passionate, caring and engaging. Being a student at Furman and taking classes with amazing professors is a really special thing that really enhances the classroom experience and therefore sets your college experience apart from the ordinary.