The REAL Furman Advantage

Last updated March 3, 2021

If you have ever been on a tour or have heard of Furman, you’ve been told about “The Furman Advantage.” This is an academic promise of opportunity that is guaranteed to all students here at Furman. But what isn’t necessarily on the pamphlet is what I consider to be the TRUE Furman advantage….

Furman students and staff are truly the most intentional people I have ever met. From the minute I came to tour, to even now as a second semester sophomore, intentionality has been deeply rooted in every experience I’ve had. This is the REAL advantage of coming to Furman.

I’ve made the most intentional friendships I’ve ever had. Every single person cares so deeply for each other, and this is something that provides me an overwhelming sense of comfort and security.

I’ve met the most intentional professors and advisors. Each professor, whether in my all time favorite class or the one I was struggling the most with, has poured every ounce of their time and knowledge into bettering me as a student. The advisors have taken time out of their busy schedules to deal with my crises and to hunt down the perfect internship for me.

These things are equally as important as the advertised Furman Advantage and truly are what make Furman the place I call home. -Rosemary Cruse