The Best of Greenville

Last updated February 26, 2021

I’m a little biased, but I think Downtown Greenville is one of the best places ever. I’ve grown up here my whole life, and one of the first questions I always get is “What’s your favorite restaurant downtown?” It’s so hard for me to pick just one! There are so many options downtown and all of the food is so good. I do have a few favorites that always seem to be my go-to, but there are still so many more that I need to try! As a local though, I had to figure out a ranking of my all time favorite restaurants.

5. Ink N Ivy

Ink N Ivy has such a fun environment and amazing food. The upstairs patio is so cute and I love sitting out there for dinner. The restaurant downstairs is adorable and kind of quirky. They have the best decorations and anything on the menu is always a hit. It’s definitely a solid choice anytime!

4. Grill Marks

I don’t even think I need to explain this one after seeing the picture. Grill Marks has ALWAYS been one of my favorites! They have the best burgers and fries ever. There are so many unique options, and everything is always so good. The best part though is obviously the milkshakes. It’s pretty big, so splitting with someone might be best, but hey, no judgement here. These milkshakes are so elaborate and honestly one of the best deserts I’ve ever had. 10/10 would recommend.

3. Nose Dive

Nose Dive is a classic. AMAZING food and always worth it. It’s not too expensive, but still a nicer option. The restaurant is so cute and I’ve loved every meal I’ve had here. My friends and I love this place, so it’s always at the top of our list for a fun night out. A major plus is also that it’s right next to Spill the Beans – our favorite ice cream place!

2. Up on the Roof

Up on the Roof has one of the best environments I’ve experienced in a restaurant. It’s so much fun and it adds so much to the dinner. Their food is so good and pretty reasonably priced. They have heaters and an indoor area, so it’s still a great option on colder days, but it’s amazing during the summer too when there’s nice weather! I had actually never been here before coming to Furman, but my friends and I have become obsessed with this place. Every dinner here has been so much fun, so it automatically made it to the top of my list!!

1. Gather GVL

And my all time favorite – Gather GVL! This place is outdoors and it has sooo many restaurant and food options. I’ve always gone with a group of people and we can each get whatever type of food we’re in the mood for. Everything is so delicious and the area is so cute. There are lots of families and dogs running around, so that adds to the fun of our night. I think this place is so much fun and it makes dinner an entire experience. You can get anything imaginable from here – pasta, tacos, acai bowls- you name it. If you haven’t been to Gather, it’s a must see whenever you’re in Greenville!

These are just some of my top favorites, but there’s so much more in Greenville that is so delicious! You can’t go wrong with wherever you pick, but if you ever need more recommendations, reach out to me anytime!!

ALL the love!

Andersen