a wise man once said….

A wise man once said “if you love what you do you’ll never work a day in your life”. Don’t get me wrong, there is a LOT of truth to this statement, but I think you could easily take this wise guy’s saying and apply it to something other than your future career.

I think picking your college is a lot like picking out your job, in the sense that if you love where you are you’ll never work a day in your life. Coming to Furman allowed me to find a place that I loved. I found the people and friendships I had always searched for, the academics I always needed, and the opportunities I always wanted.

Now, yes, with those things came lots of work, papers, late nights and study sessions. But somehow I always enjoyed them. Everything seemed more manageable, less stressful, and less time consuming when I was sitting in the Furman library with a friend across the table. 

My overall love for this school and these people truly reminds me how much I feel like this saying embodies my Furman experience.

I can only hope you can use your college search process to find the place that makes you feel the same way. Trust me- it makes the the ‘school’ part a whole lot easier 🙂 So if you ever need a late night library buddy or a Judson lounge partner… I’m your Girl- Rosemary Cruse

Recent Posts

Some Thoughts From A Public Health Major!

Hi guys! For this week's blog, I thought it would be awesome to give you guys a glimpse into something besides my psychology and sociology major and the other things I'm involved with on campus....

Continue Reading >

Getting off Campus: What to do

When deciding where I wanted to attend college a big factor for me was making sure I did not have a campus that I felt "stuck" on. I loved the idea of attending a small...

Continue Reading >

Business As Usual

All About Business Administration Are you interested in being a Business Administration major at Furman? The Business department is actually one of the unique majors at Furman to which students have to apply. When you...

Continue Reading >