Admissions Blog Posts

What I Missed Most While Away on Break

Last updated February 4, 2021

By Web Admin

By Colin Klaff

Hey everyone! It’s been a really long time since I have written a blog post or been on Instagram interacting with you all. I spent the LONG winter break spending my time with my family and reminiscing on the fun times I had here at Furman last semester. All my time off had me thinking what I missed most about being here at school. I missed so much about Furman, but it really boils down to what I see as the essentials that make my Furman experience so special.

The first thing that I missed the most while I was away on break was just the feeling of being on campus. There is a certain feeling of independence, responsibility, and joy that comes from being on the campus. I missed things like walking around the campus and grabbing meals with my roommates and friends.

The people here is really what I missed the most. My friends here are lifelong friends who I go to for everything and are the people I spend most of my time with. I missed hanging out with them, talking, spending time together, and enjoying each others company.

I’m very excited to be back again this semester and enjoying the things I missed while I was away. I am looking forward to another great semester and I am so excited to be back to writing blogs, creating Instagram stories and showing everyone all the reasons I love my school and why I value this place so much!