What I Missed Most While Away on Break

By Colin Klaff

Hey everyone! It’s been a really long time since I have written a blog post or been on Instagram interacting with you all. I spent the LONG winter break spending my time with my family and reminiscing on the fun times I had here at Furman last semester. All my time off had me thinking what I missed most about being here at school. I missed so much about Furman, but it really boils down to what I see as the essentials that make my Furman experience so special.

The first thing that I missed the most while I was away on break was just the feeling of being on campus. There is a certain feeling of independence, responsibility, and joy that comes from being on the campus. I missed things like walking around the campus and grabbing meals with my roommates and friends.

The people here is really what I missed the most. My friends here are lifelong friends who I go to for everything and are the people I spend most of my time with. I missed hanging out with them, talking, spending time together, and enjoying each others company.

I’m very excited to be back again this semester and enjoying the things I missed while I was away. I am looking forward to another great semester and I am so excited to be back to writing blogs, creating Instagram stories and showing everyone all the reasons I love my school and why I value this place so much!

Recent Posts

Allow the Unexpected

Coming into Furman, I never anticipated my life to involve being on stage. I always got a lot of anxiety from being in front of large groups of people. However, in my time at Furman...

Continue Reading >

The Greenbelt Community: Furman’s Beautiful Alternative Housing

Furman has taken leaps and bounds towards creating a more sustainable campus-our Shi Institute is a net positive building, after all. The most fun part about this is the Greenbelt Community Engaged Living program. Along...

Continue Reading >

A Glimpse into Summer Orientation

With a few sessions of Summer Orientation completed, today, I want to give you guys a glimpse into what a day of “Summer O” is like for our incoming freshmen! The day starts with O-Staff...

Continue Reading >