My Ten Years Starts Now

For my digital storytelling class last semester, we were asked to create an individual video project. We could pick any topic of our own interest and make a video revolving around that concept. I wanted to focus on the concept of having a ‘ten-year plan.’ This is an idea/expectation my generation is constantly challenged with. For my project, I consulted with five students all with different career interests, and Alex Riccuiti, a career advisor from Furman’s Malone Center for Career Engagement.

By doing this project, I learned how to come up with a concept for a video, but more importantly, how to adjust your own plans in order to fit your findings. The direction of my video was altered a lot after I met with Mr. Riccuiti because talking to him helped me to understand information from a different perspective. This flexibility allowed me to still stick to my vision while creating a video that has a good base in fact and current statistics.

Because of Mr. Ricciuti, I will be able to better prepare myself for future projects that might not always go as planned. Learning to be flexible and to mold your creative vision with what your interviewee teaches you will be extremely important in creating content that is reliable and honest. So to learn more about how to be better prepared for your own future….I’m not your girl BUT the Malone Center at Furman IS! -Rosemary Cruse

To watch “MY TEN YEARS STARTS NOW” click here! 

Recent Posts

Allow the Unexpected

Coming into Furman, I never anticipated my life to involve being on stage. I always got a lot of anxiety from being in front of large groups of people. However, in my time at Furman...

Continue Reading >

The Greenbelt Community: Furman’s Beautiful Alternative Housing

Furman has taken leaps and bounds towards creating a more sustainable campus-our Shi Institute is a net positive building, after all. The most fun part about this is the Greenbelt Community Engaged Living program. Along...

Continue Reading >

A Glimpse into Summer Orientation

With a few sessions of Summer Orientation completed, today, I want to give you guys a glimpse into what a day of “Summer O” is like for our incoming freshmen! The day starts with O-Staff...

Continue Reading >