Admissions Blog Posts

Clean Plate Club

Last updated October 14, 2020

By Web Admin

I don’t know about you, but I can be a pretty picky eater, so choosing a school that provided food that I was actually inclined to eat was pretty important for me. The fact that I chose Furman speaks highly of the dining services here on campus. 

Personally, my favorite dining option has always been the Dining Hall (DH). There are multiple options and it is one of the best places for people watching. Some of the other options here on campus include the P-Den, which is the home to Moe’s, Chick-fil-a, and Sushi with Gusto. You can’t go wrong with any of the options, it just boils down to what you are in the mood for!

However, with the changes that have come for the 2020-2021 school year, food waste is something that both Furman and our students should be taking seriously. This year one of the changes to our dining hall is now we have refrigerators filled with bottled drinks as opposed to fountain drinks. Additionally, the staff makes taking your food ‘to-go’ extremely easy by providing every student with insulated bags for transporting the food to and from the dining facilities. These changes are extremely helpful in today’s circumstances and help to keep Furman sanitary and safe throughout the pandemic, however, as the eco-friendly campus we are, we must remember to continue to reduce food waste. I talked with the Shi Center for Sustainability here on campus and composed this flyer to help us all continue to benefit from the yummy food Furman provides us without putting any to waste.

So if you ever need someone to eat leftovers with… I’m your Girl- Rosemary Cruse