Admissions Blog Posts

Three Musketeers of Dorm Decor

Last updated September 30, 2020

By Web Admin

Marshalls, Target, Home Goods. The three musketeers of dorm decor. If I had a dollar for every time I went to or searched online at one of those stores for dorm decorations, I’d be rich enough to not even need to go to college. But there’s something about taking what the University provides and turning a dorm room into a second home that I take great pride in. So, today I thought I’d share some pics of my dorm this year to help you gather some ideas for the Pinterest boards I know you’ve all already started for your future dorm rooms (if you’re anything like me)!

This year I am living in Clark Murphy on a greek hall! One major difference is that now not only do I have a roommate, but I live on a hall with my entire sorority pledge class, so there is never a shortage of friends to hang out with– socially distanced of course!

One of my favorite things about my room this year is the view from my desk! My roommate and I are notorious for sitting at our desks for hours just people-watching. But besides that, the views are beautiful and make for a great place to get some homework done. 

Another crucial part of my dorm is my blender! If you know me, you know my love for all things smoothies and acai bowls, so being able to make one in the comfort of my own dorm has been AMAZING. Ellie (my roommate) and I have even started our own little tradition of smoothie bowl nights once a week.  

If I had to pick a favorite part of my room, it would have to be my bed. I love having my own little corner, decorated in all my favorite colors and pictures. It’s all the little things that make this place feel like home. Whether its a disco ball, little inspirational photo, or string lights (which i accidentally bought four 50ft strands off) these things make my side of the dorm feel like my own slice of home. 

So if you ask me, the three musketeers of dorm decor can for sure hook you up with all the necessities. Sheets, bedding, hangers, picture frames, and desk organizers galore. But, don’t forget the little things that add your own sense of home. So if you ever need a set of string lights or a nice view of the lake….I’m your girl!

– Rosemary Cruse