The National Coalition Building Institute
(NCBI) is a nonprofit leadership training organization based in Washington, D.C. Founded in 1984, NCBI has been working to eliminate prejudice and intergroup conflict in communities throughout the world. NCBI Furman is one of fifty NCBI college affiliates and one of only two in South Carolina. Our team, established in fall 2000, is made up of students, staff, and faculty who are committed to promoting tolerance and encouraging conversation among groups on our campus. Learn more about the Carolina NCBI Diversity Training Coalition
Our mission is to:
- build relationships that reveal the humanity of all persons.
- model, teach, and hone the skills of healing the wounds of prejudice.
- work with existing organizations to increase knowledge and understanding around differences of all kinds.
- mobilize diverse leaders to carry the message of acceptance and inclusion to others.
- create a community where all people and all groups are treated with dignity and respect.
More NCBI Links: