North Village is located on Roe Ford Road across from the band practice and intramural fields. The first phase (A-F) of the apartment complex was constructed during the 1997-1998 academic year and opened in fall of 1998. Three more buildings (G-I) opened for the 2000-01 academic year. The last two buildings (J & K) opened in fall of 2001. The 11 buildings accommodate 1,020 residents in 220 private and 35 shared bedroom apartments. Walking and bicycles paths lead to the main areas of campus.
In addition to the residential accommodations, the North Village Community Center, centrally located in Building J, provides meeting space for groups ranging from 16 to 200. Meeting space must be reserved online. Within the community center, on the ground level, North Village Residents have access to a networked computer lab open seven days a week. This area also houses the North Village Office, where a housing staff member (RA) is available from 9 a.m. to midnight.
A network of pathways that run behind the buildings and ultimately lead to Estridge Commons connects all the apartments. Within this building, you will find the offices of the Housing & Residence Life Department. Behind Estridge Commons, a picnic area provides comfortable seating for small groups and adjacent to the building an iron bridge provides safe passage to main campus.
North Village houses four students in a spacious 1,200 square foot, fully furnished apartment. North Village apartments offer two or four bedrooms, living room, full kitchen, large patio/balcony, two large vanity areas, two bathrooms and lots of closet and storage space. Within each bedroom, a full-sized bed, desk, desk chair and dresser/hutch is provided for each resident. An upholstered chair and sofa is provided in each living room along with four counter stools or chairs. Cable TV, internet and telephone connections are provided in each bedroom and the living room. Laundry rooms are located in the center of each building on the 200 and 300 levels. Picnic tables and built-in grills are scattered throughout the green space behind the buildings. Also provided in the area adjacent to North Village Building G, resident can access a large sand volleyball court, a basketball court and tennis courts.
North Village Floor Plans and Dimension
Note: Floor Plan measurements are approximates.
Some floor plans may be configured differently depending upon their location in the complex.
- Living Room: 16' x 13'7"
- Kitchen: 13'7 x 7'7"
- Vanity area: approximately 7'3" x 11'
- Toilet/Shower: approximately 5'7" x 7'5"
- 2 bedroom: 19'3" x 11'7"
- 4 bedroom: 9'5" x 11'7"
- Total: 24" x 67" with two long shelves.
- One 44" with long hanging space
- One 21" with short hanging space
- Two smaller shelves of 12" x 24"
- Living room: 3' wide x 7' high (French patio doors)
- 2 Bedroom: 2' wide x 4'4 1/4" high (4 per bedroom)
- 4 Bedroom: 2' wide x 4'4 1/4" high (2 per bedroom)
- Desk tops: 24" x 48"
- Mattress: All beds are standard double beds
- Dresser/hutch opening: 28" wide x 23" deep x 24" high
- Closet shelf: 12" x 44" (2) & 12" x 24" (2)
- Living room sofa: 82" wide x 33" deep x 34" high (the three cushions are 76" long)
- Living room chair: 39" wide x 33" deep x 34" high (the one cushion is 32 1/2" long)
- Storage height under bed: 14"
- Bath: Each apartment has two full baths
- Each bedroom is furnished with standard double beds, chest of drawers with TV/Storage cabinet , desks, and desk chairs
- Each living room is furnished with one sofa, one chair, and four bar stools
- Each apartment has refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven, and sink
- Floor length mirror provided in each foyer
- Two balcony chairs provided on the 200 and 300 levels only
- Outdoor picnic areas with grills provided
- Laundry facilities on 2nd and 3rd floor of each apartment building
- Ice machines located in laundry rooms of buildings A, E, H & K.
- Elevators located in each building.
- Please use steel "T" pins to hang posters and framed art (adhesive products are prohibited)
North Village Resources
The Housing &Residence Life office will sometimes receive deliveries, such as flowers, for North Village residents and will call residents to inform them of their package.
Trays are provided in some apartment refrigerators from previous residents and ice machines are inthe 200-level laundry room of buildings A, E, H and K.
Keys and Lockouts
There is a $35 lost key fee. If you are locked out of your apartment or bedroom, call the RA office at x2700. A resident assistant will assist you in getting back into your apartment. Please note that you will have to prove your identity and residency in the apartment you are trying to get into. There is also a fee of $1.
Laundry rooms are located in the center of each North Village building on the 200 and 300 levels. Participants must furnish their own detergent. Coins are NOT necessary to operate the machines during the academic year.
Please report maintenance concerns, cable problems, and laundry machine issues to Housing & Residence Life at Maintenance Request. For emergencies after hours, please call Public Safety at extension x2111.
Access for cabletelevision, computers, and telephones are located in each apartment. Guests must provide their own telephones, televisions, and cable connections. If not provided prior to your arrival, you may check with the Housing & Residence Life office for the telephone number assigned to your apartment.
Dumpsters are located in theparking lots. Please take your trash out regularly to avoid pestinvasion. Please recycle whenever possible in the appropriate recyclecontainers located near the dumpsters. Items that can be recycledinclude aluminum, plastic, and paper.
Soda and snack machines are located in the ground level breezeway of buildings B & J.