You may apply to live off-campus if you meet one of these criteria:
- You will be living with your parent(s)/guardian(s) and commuting to campus.
- You are a rising fourth-year student and will be living in a fraternity house. Each fraternity is allowed to choose a predetermined number of rising fourth-year students to live in their house. This is prearranged with Housing & Residence Life and each fraternity's president.
- You are a rising third-year student or fourth-year student and will be living in the Vista house. The Vista House is allowed to choose six students to live in their house. This is prearranged with Housing & Residence Life and the Vista House leadership.
- You are married or will be married during the 2015-16 academic year.
- You are a rising fifth-year student. Rising fifth-year students must apply to live off-campus unless they can 1) commit to living on-campus for both semesters, 2) fill-in for a student who is on foreign study or a leave of absence for the fall semester only, or 3) commit to living at The Vinings for fall and/or spring semesters. Fifth-Year Student Housing Intentions
- You have a medical situation that requires off-campus accommodations; this does not include The Vinings.
- You have a financial situation that requires off-campus accommodations; this does not include The Vinings.
- You are a graduate student.
Submission Request Form for Off Campus Exemption: https://forms.furman.edu/view.php?id=154844
Fifth Year Student Request Form:
Fifth-Year Student Housing Intentions
Any student with a scholarship that covers their room cost MUST live in campus housing.
The Vinings is considered campus housing; however, scholarships for student athletes do not apply to one-bedroom apartments at The Vinings.