RA & FRAD Applications are open!
Due December 17
Looking for a leadership opportunity plus some job skills for your resume? Do you enjoy getting to know people? Are you a great listener who loves to help people? If any of the above apply to you, you should consider working for the Department of Housing and Residence Life. Applications for RA and FRAD positions for Fall 2018-Spring 2019 are now available.
What does an RA or FRAD do?
RAs promote a sense of community in campus housing and act as peer helpers to connect students to campus resources. FRADs assist first year students with their academic transition to college. See the position descriptions for more details!
Am I eligible?
In order to be eligible for a student staff position, you must:
- Have a positive financial, academic, and student conduct status with Housing and Residence Life and Furman University.
- Be available from 5:30-7 p.m. each Tuesday evening of the semester for in-service and staff meetings.
- Be able to commit 20 hours/week to the role. Some of the time will be scheduled staff meetings and shifts. The bulk of the time (10-15 hours) will be spent being available and visible in the assigned community.
- Reside in an on-campus room designated by Housing and Residence Life.
- Be able to complete online professional development activities over the summer.
- Not be scheduled to student teach during term of employment.
- Be able to return to campus early each semester to participate in training and opening duties. Fall Training begins August 16, 2018.
- Must meet minimum GPA requirements. RAs must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50. FRADs are required to a have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.70.
What if I am studying away?
Applicants who are participating in a study away or student exchange are invited to apply for one semester of service as an RA or FRAD. Applicants should mark this on their application and be prepared to present documentation of their study away acceptance if hired.
If hired, you must complete online training requirements and attend on-campus training in August regardless of when you are studying away. Contact Teddi Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions related to this policy.
How do I apply and interview?
The application is online and due by December 17, 2017 @ 11:59pm. Interviews will take place the week of January 23, 2018-January 25, 2018. More information regarding interviews will be sent to you following receipt of your application.
Want to learn more about the positions, the interview process, and what we are looking for? Come to an information session!
Information Sessions on:
NOV. 8 @ 4P in Mauney Commons (Trone Student Center)
NOV. 13 @ 4P in Mauney Commons (Trone Student Center)
NOV. 14 @ 3:30P in Mauney Commons (Trone Student Center)
NOV. 17 @ 3P in Mauney Commons (Trone Student Center)
NOV. 29 @ 7P in Lakeside Seninar Room (Judson Hall)
NOV. 30 @ 12:30PM in Thomas Room (Trone Student Center)