Congratulations on your acceptance to Furman University! In order to ensure that you will be able to arrive in the U.S. in time to attend the required orientation program, you must complete the required immigration processes in a timely manner.
Obtain your I-20
Log in to your Admission Status Page and upload the appropriate documents. Make sure to have the following documents available:
- Copy of the passport biographical page.
- Proof of finances. The Estimated Cost of Attendance [PDF] will provide you with the amount of money you need to show in order to get your I-20. The Financial Documentation [PDF] will inform you as to the type of financial documentation that is accepted.
- Payment for shipping of your I-20. See "Mailing your I-20" below.
- Additional documentation, if needed, based on individual circumstances.
Mailing your I-20
You must provide all the required documents in order for your I-20 to be issued. In order for your I-20 to be mailed, you must prepay for shipping through Smart and Simple Shipping for Students and Universities (SASS).
In order for you to use the SASS service, you will be required to create your own user account. Please have the following information ready when creating your account: your mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card information. Please pay close attention when filling this information out; incorrect or incomplete address information will result in delayed delivery of your documents. The shipment can be sent to a location in the US or to your foreign address.
- Click the "Student" tab on the top of the homepage.
- Register and activate your account using the link above. Registration and activation of your account is free.
- When logging in to create a prepaid shipping label for your document, please use the username and password that you have created.
- Create your shipment and follow the instructions provided by SASS.
- Make sure to choose “Furman” as your university.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact SASS at www.SASS-SmartShip.com directly.
Furman University will automatically be notified by SASS that you have requested your documents via express mail. You can track the shipment under "Shipment Details." Receive your documents in 5-7 business days from the date of mailing.