Your health is our priority, even when our office isn’t open. That’s why we work with other departments on campus to protect students’ safety during mental health emergencies.
Signs of an emergency situation
- Thoughts, impulses, or stated intent to hurt oneself or others.
- Inability to function in normal activities or take care of personal safety.
- Prolonged or persistent thoughts and feelings that are overwhelming in intensity.
Who to call
- During business hours call the Counseling Center at 864.294.3031.
- During weekends and after hours call the University Police at 864.294.2111.
- The Greenville Crisis Lifeline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call 864.271.8888.
- The Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Call toll free at 1.800.273.8255.
- In life-threatening emergencies, call 911.