Our office provides financial assistance to students who have been invited to professional conferences to present their research or creative work. Completed applications, along with supporting documents, should be submitted to the URI office. More detailed information as well as application guidelines can be found on the application.
Some general considerations for student travel:
- Our office will only fund travel to one conference per student per academic year.
- The travel application should be filled out and submitted to our office as soon as possible, preferably at least one month before the conference. Submitting forms early gives our office more time to make the most convenient and cost-effective travel plans for the student.
- Students are required to save all receipts related to conference fees, hotel stays, and travel costs. These receipts should be submitted to our office as soon as possible after the student returns to campus.
- Reimbursements for student-incurred expenses can be processed following the conference and submission of final paperwork.
- Our office does not reimburse food-related expenses at conferences.
Students are also advised that they may be eligible to apply for conference travel funds from the Student Government Association if they belong to an SGA-funded organization.
If you have questions about the process of applying for student travel, please contact Andy Coe, Coordinator in the Office of Undergraduate Research & Internships at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 864.294.3110.