Funding from corporations, foundations and federal and state agencies contribute significantly to faculty and undergraduate research, scholarships, internships, capital improvements, and equipment acquisitions, as well as to endowments for these and other purposes. The breadth and scope of grants funding is expected to continue increasing rapidly as Furman strengthens its position as one of our nation's premier baccalaureate liberal arts institutions.
The grants Web site will provide the university community with the following information:
- A list of key staff members involved with Grants and Sponsored Programs
- University and federal regulations for proposal submissions
- Updated information on awarded grants
- Information on potential sources of grants funding and links to search databases and federal agency sites
- Information on proposal preparation, developments within the public and private grants-awarding communities, etc.
This Web site is a broad-based informational resource designed to meet the needs and expectations of Furman's faculty and staff. Your input and suggestions for improving this site are welcome. Grants Administration is a full-service department. Although faculty are requested to write or draft their own project proposals, we will review and edit, assist with adherence to guidelines, search for likely funding opportunities, and submit the final proposal from the Grants Office. Faculty who intend to submit proposals to federal agencies will need to be registered by the Grants Office on the eRA Commons and/or on National Science Foundation's Fastlane in order to apply for a federal grant.
Director, Grants & Research Administration