The Herring Center for Continuing Education is a state-of-the-art, multipurpose facility that was built for the community. Whether you are organizing an event or meeting, there's a space in our facility perfect for your next gathering.
To reserve a room, contact us at (864) 294-2979.
*Pricing below based on full day rentals of more than 4 hours.
Available Space and Rates
- Lineback Terrace
Outdoor, partially covered space with some seating for 18 and speakers for music.
- Standing Room: 60
- Rental: $350
- Vick Seminar Room
Full smart technology-video conferencing, taping capabilities, blue ray, 3 laptop computer connections to 52" LCD TV, etc
- Presidents' Conference Room
- Computer Lab
PC lab with full smart cart and projection systems, white board, blue ray, document camera
- Huff Classroom
Kitchen access, full smart cart capabilities with projection, camera for demonstration, white board, and blue ray
- Lindemann Demonstration Kitchen
Wolf gas stove with 4 burners and griddle, double convection ovens, running water, refrigeration, ice maker, dishwasher, high quantity coffee makers, microwave: opens to Huff classroom. Waiver and Policy required to be completed before rental
- Crabtree Lecture Room
Full smart cart and projection system, blue ray, document camera, and hearing loop, 10 rounds that seat up to 8 available upon request
- Seating: 150
- Rental: $600
- Piper Classroom
Full smart cart and projection system, VHS, white board, blue ray, document camera, hearing loop
- Crafts Room
Full smart cart and projection system, white board, blue ray, document camera, running water
- Manly Lobby
52" LCD screen, speakers throughout space for music or voice, some seating available. (Furniture is not to be moved)
- Standing Room: 200
- Rental: $600
- The Cox Conference Room
- Campbell Classroom
Full smart cart and projection systems, white board, blue ray, document camera, and hearing loop
- Graham Multipurpose Room
Full smart cart and projection systems, white board, blue ray, document camera, running water
- Rental rate includes the use of the room, AV equipment, and table/chair set-up as is.
- A 50% deposit is due to reserve the space(s) with final payment due 30 days before the scheduled event. If booked less than 30 days in advance, payment in full is due upon booking.
- A full refund will be given in the event of cancellation at least 30 days prior to the event. No refund will be given if the reservation is cancelled within 30 days.
- 50% off for events under 4 hours Monday-Friday. Discount given for Furman University sponsored events.
- Campus sponsored events scheduled within 2 weeks and within normal business hour will be waived the rental fee for all spaces excluding the kitchen. *Exception does not waive staffing, set-up, and clean-up fees.
- A staffing fee of $18/hour will be applied to all events.
- Set-up fees and clean-up fees may apply, call for more information.
- Decorations are welcome but we ask that no tape, nails, push pins, or glitter be used. In addition, candles may be used if enclosed.
Herring Center’s office hours are Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Events outside of normal hours may be subject to additional staffing fees. All events must be concluded by 11:00pm unless arrangements are made prior to the event.
Catering and Food
All catering requests must be made through our office to Furman’s official caterer Bell Tower Catering. Furman's Bell Tower Catering provides services ranging from coffee breaks and small deliveries to formal served dinners and wedding receptions on and off campus. No outside catering is allowed for events.
Alcohol is allowed for events if bar services are purchased from Bell Tower Catering prior to the event. For cash bar requests, renter is responsible for at least 30 days notice and all charges for one-day liquor license.