Are you looking for a magical place to hold your wedding - a location where every detail fits together, from the feeling you get entering the campus gates, to the stately entrance into the chapel, to an inviting and elegant reception venue? With a park-like setting that rivals Monticello, Central Park and San Francisco’s Pioneer Square for its exceptional beauty, Furman University offers all these things and more...
Only minutes from downtown, but clearly a world apart!
Ceremony and Reception Venues
Charles E. Daniel Memorial Chapel
Beautifully situated on Furman’s campus, the Charles E. Daniel Memorial Chapel is ideal for events such as weddings, concerts, and lectures. Due to the amazing acoustics and an outstanding Fisk Organ, any occasion can become an utterly lyrical experience.
The Chapel has 27,000 square feet of space that includes an upper sanctuary that can accommodate 352 people and a lower level with a bride's room, the sunlit Garden Room, and two conference rooms perfect for intimate gatherings. Large windows and high ceilings offer a classic appearance to the structure. With uniquely shaped windows and creative house lighting, the chapel offers any mood one might desire.
Music at the Chapel
For information on wedding music policies and procedures at the Chapel, including information on the Hartness Organ, please CLICK HERE.
Younts Conference Center
With its Georgian-style architecture,
outdoor patios, and masterful
landscaping, the Younts Conference Center is Greenville’s premiere location for wedding ceremonies and receptions.
We offer the following at an all-inclusive price for your event:
- Space suitable for a seated dinner for up to 320 guests or a stand-up reception for up to 500 guests.
- Two scenic outdoor spaces
- Ample parking with front door portico
- 18’ x 21’ dance floor
- Banquet tables, chairs & basic linens
- Infrastructure to support DJs or a live band
- Ability to host a cocktail hour or pre-reception in a separate area
- Additional space for a guest book, gifts, portraits, photobooths, etc.
- Bride’s room
- Large, luxurious bathroom facilities to make your guests feel comfortable
- Built in audio & visual capabilities for a slideshow presentation, monogram display, microphone use, etc. in banquet hall & lobby area
- Labor for basic clean-up & room set-up
- An event coordinator available during your entire event to help everything run smoothly!
For pricing and more information on the Younts Center, please view the Wedding Packet below and contact us with questions today!
Janie E. Furman Rose Garden
The Janie Earle Furman Rose Garden lends spectacular beauty to intimate, standing-only weddings for 60-70 guests. The garden features 800 rose bushes, a 19th-century gazebo, and a charming fountain.
The Bell Tower, a well-known symbol for the university, is a standing-room only wedding venue ideal for up to 60 guests. Surrounded by the campus lake and the mountains of the upstate, it is sure to make a lasting impression on your ceremony.
"The property itself is especially lovely, quite spacious,state-of-the-art and guest friendly. [The staff’s] professionalism and attention to detail did not go unnoticed and were very much appreciated. I will forever be grateful to each of you for [playing] a significant part in making a dream come true."- Vicki Lybrand, Bride's Mother