Answers to the Safety Quiz
1. False. Doors are usually unlocked.
False. Women are most likely to be raped, beaten, or murdered by men
they know. They American Medical Association reports that injured women
are most commonly admitted to American hospitals because of beatings.
3. False. In America, 70% of violent crime committed by strangers is against men.
False. Acquaintance rape is a forced and violent act. Being a victim
of acquaintance rape severely impairs a woman's ability to trust people
5. True. Don't take shortcuts through areas that are not well-lit.
6. True. Cooperate, act and speak calmly and be polite. Resistance or pulling a weapon tends to escalate the violence.
7. True. Confronting the behavior is a more effective way to stop sexual harassment.
True. The charge of rape or sexual battery applies if the victim is
drunk, unconscious, asleep, under the age of consent or mentally
9. True. These are also the most likely age and gender of a crime perpetrator.
10. False. Don't extend the call; this is exactly what the caller wants. Hang-up!
9 - 10: Spread the word because you know the facts. Great job!
7 - 8: You may add your two cents into any conversation about crime.
5 - 6: You are learning. Attend a crime prevention program to learn more.
0 - 4: You have been caught sleeping on the streets of life.