NCTA Field Study Opportunities in East Asia
Those eligible are teachers in the states of:
Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, New Jersey, and New York (lower)
| Country |
| || Tentative Dates |
June 17 (Thursday) - June 26 (Saturday)
Seoul and environs; DMZ
June 28 (Monday) - July 7 (Wednesday)
Beijing, Shanghai (Suzhou)
July 9 (Friday) - July 19 (Monday)
July 21 (Wednesday) - July 30 (Friday)
Eligibility and Credit - Applicants must have:
- Completed the requirements of a NCTA seminar in one of the states listed above.
- Certified their continuing status as teachers.
- Certified their plans to continue teaching for at least 5 years after the conclusion of field study opportunity.
- Previous Study Tour participants are eligible to apply.
Professional Development Credit
Following the conclusion of the field study programs, all participants will receive a letter certifying their participation in 25 hours of professional development for each field study program in which they participated.
Indicating Interest and Application Procedure
- Applications are available and are due by January 25, 2010. Application Process is Closed
- If an applicant wishes to attend more than one program, he or she may do so, up to a total of two. (If the two programs are not consecutive, however, the participant is responsible for his or her own travel in Asia prior to the second of the two programs.)
- Applicants, once selected, are responsible for a co-payment of $1,000 for one field study program. (Applicants enrolling in a second field study will be responsible for paying $500 for the second program, which will include trandportation to the second site.)
- Applicants must also arrange their own travel to and from the departure city in the U.S. (The departure cities will be one of the following, depending on where the agent can secure the best group rate for the destination involved: Atlanta, New York, Houston, or Chicago.)
- Applicants are urged to appproach their school districts and local civi clubs for travel support to cover the costs mentioned under #1 and #2.
Fund for Teachers:
- Applicants from the cities of Houston, Atlanta, and the state of Oklahoma must submit evidence that they have applied to the Fund for Teachers for funding to support their participation in the program.
- All others must certify that their school district is not eligible for this funding.