- Instructor Assistance
- Introduce Instructor the first day of
class. Exchange email or phone numbers
Circulate class roster (located in class folder)
the first day of class. Students need to verify their personal information is
correct and initial. IF there are changes or additions, please drop off the list to the OLLI office suite so changes to the roster can be made.
Confer with Instructor regarding class breaks,
copy requests and pick-up, class schedule changes and distribution of handouts.
Help ensure room is in order.
See the OLLI Office for help with audio-visual
OLLI Notes/Other Items
- New members have a small red dot on their
On first day of class, announce that you are
available to help new members.
- Make an effort to meet and introduce new members
during coffee break or after class.
**Coffee IS allowed in the classrooms.
Encourage members to meet and greet new members
and each other.
- Remind all members the benefits of wearing
- Before each class, review OLLI Notes from the
back of the class folder or from Manly Lobby or your own personal copy, and
look in your class folder for items to be announced.
- Direct class members to the location of the OLLI
Notes in Manly Lobby.
- Ask class members to take photos of class
activities and send them to the OLLI Office.
- HEARING LOOP: If you are in a
classroom that has the Hearing Loop (Crabtree, Piper or the Downstairs
classroom), hearing assistance units may be checked out from the OLLI office
prior to class and must be returned after class. A driver's license or the keys
to your car will be required to secure your check out and ensure the safe
return of the listening devices.
- Instructors are neither paid nor given gifts,
but it is customary that something is done on the last day of class to show
appreciation for their work.
- Liaisons should coordinate some kind of
instructor appreciation. Ideas include:
card signed by class, sing a song, create a skit, snacks, etc. The more we show
appreciation to our great instructors the more chance they will return to
Class Folder Locations
- Please ask another class member to fill in for
you if you cannot attend class.
- Any class held outside of the Herring Center will be in a folder box located in the Work Room of
the OLLI Office Suite.
classrooms in the Herring Center have a class folder box that contains all the
classes for that classroom.
OLLI OFFICE 864-294-2998
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL FURMAN PUBLIC SAFTEY 864-294-2111
They have emergency
equipment and/or will call EMS.