Class Liaison Task Details
- Instructor Assistance
- Introduce Instructor the first day of class. Exchange email or phone numbers with Instructor.
- Circulate class roster (located in class folder) the first day of class. Students need to verify their personal information is correct and initial that they are present. Place completed sheet back in class folder; preferably drop off the list to the office so changes to roster can be made immediately.
- Confer with Instructor regarding class breaks, copy requests and pick-up, class schedule changes and distribution of handouts. Help ensure room is in order (building J follow diagram for chair placement) and coffee is cleaned up and unplugged.
- Call the OLLI Office for help with audio-visual equipment.
- New members have a small red dot on their nametag.
- On first day of class, announce that you are available to help new members.
- Make an effort to meet and introduce new members during coffee break or after class.
- Encourage members to meet and greet new members and each other.
- Remind all members the benefits of wearing nametags.
3. OLLI Notes/Other Items
- Before each class, secure OLLI Notes from class folder, look in "Liaison Section" for items to be announced, replace the OLLI Notes back in folder for the next class.
- Direct class members to the location of the OLLI Notes near class folder or in OLLI Office.
- Ask class members to take photos of class activities and send them to the OLLI Office.
- Determine if your class wants coffee. It is not your responsibility to make coffee or clean up, but you will coordinate tasks (preparation, cleanup, unplugged pot) through sign-up sheet.
- Coordinate coffee tasks (preparation, cleanup, unplugged pot) through sign up sheet.
- Announce next week's coffee persons at each class.
- Directions for making coffee are posted near the pots.
- Call the OLLI office when supplies run low.
5. Instruction Appreciation
- Instructors are neither paid nor given gifts, but it is customary that something is done on the last day of class to show appreciation for their work.
- Liaisons should coordinate some kind of instructor appreciation. Ideas include: card signed by class, sing a song, create a skit, snacks, etc.
- Please ask another class member to fill in for you if you cannot attend class.
7. Class Folder Possible Locations
- Hipp Hall and OLLI Trailer -- at back of the room.
- Chapel, Johns Hall, Furman Hall, PAC, Hiking Classes -- Chapel reception desk on lower level.
- North Village -- on each floor in kitchen area.
- Confer with instructors regarding their preferred location.
QUESTIONS? OLLI OFFICE 864-292-2998
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL FURMAN PUBLIC SAFETY 864-294-2111
They have emergency equipment and/or will call EMS.