Information Technology Services - Dr. Susan Dunnavant, Acting Chief Information Officer
Last Revised: 11/09/2016
Title: Administrative Systems Account Creation Policy
Applicable: Furman University Faculty and Staff
Contacts: IT Service Center ext. 3277
Background: This policy addresses who is authorized to have access to Furman’s various administrative systems, and for what purples they may use those systems.
Policy: Current Furman faculty and staff whose job depends on update access to an Administrative System will be given appropriate access to the system. If the position does not require update access to an Administrative System, or such updates can be accomplished through other means, then no access will be granted.
- Current Furman faculty and staff whose job depends on access to an administrative system will be given access to the system. If the position does not require update access to an Administrative System, or such updates can be accomplished through other means, then no access will be granted.
- A request for new access must be completed and signed by the employee’s supervisor and submitted to the IT Service Center. The IT Service Center will forward these requests to the Enterprise Information Systems group.
- When an employee transfers to a new department, their current access is suspended until the Enterprise Information Systems group is informed by the employee's new supervisor of the access needed.
- When a user leaves the university, their access to the administrative system is terminated immediately upon the Enterprise Information Systems group receiving such notification.
- As with any personal account, users must not share their ID or password with anyone. All users are responsible for all material originating from their account.
- Any vulgar, inappropriate or harassing material originating from your account could result in the termination of the account, disciplinary action and/or possible criminal charges. For more information on the university’s harassment policy please refer to University policy 094.1 Harassment.