Information Technology Services - Fred Miller, Chief Information Officer
Last Revised: 08/22/13
Title: Administrative Systems Account Creation Policy
Applicable: Furman University Faculty and Staff
Contacts: IT Service Center ext. 3277
Background: This policy addresses who is authorized to have an Administrative System account (Datatel/Ellucian Colleague, Blackboard Raisers Edge, R25, etc.) and for what purpose they may use the Administrative System.
Policy: Current Furman faculty and staff whose jobs depend on update access to an Administrative System will be given appropriate access to the system. If the position does not require update access to an Administrative System, or such updates can be accomplished through the MyFurman portal, then no access will be granted.
- Current Furman faculty and staff whose jobs depend on access to an administrative system will be given access to the system. If a faculty or staff member's job does not depend on using an Administrative System, or the needed function can be accomplished through MyFurman, then no access will be granted.
- A request for new access must be completed and signed by the faculty or staff member's supervisor and submitted to the IT Service Center. The IT Service Center will forward these requests to the Enterprise Information Systems group.
- When a faculty or staff member transfers to a new department, Enterprise Information Systems group should be informed by the user's new supervisor of the access needed.
- When a user leaves the university, their access to the administrative system is terminated immediately upon the Enterprise Information Systems group receiving such notification.
- As with any personal account, users must not share their ID or password with anyone. All users are responsible for all material originating from their account.
- Any vulgar, inappropriate or harassing material originating from your account could result in the termination of the account, disciplinary action and/or possible criminal charges. For more information on the university’s harassment policy please refer to University policy 094.1 Harassment.