170.2 Library Hours
|Created by: Stephanie Ferguson on 2/5/1999|
|Category: 1 - Academic Affairs; 70 - Library|
|Originator: Director of Libraries|
|Current File: 170.2|
|Adoption Date: 1/29/1999|
|Reviewed for Currency: 1/24/2006|
|Replaces File: 170.2|
|Date of Origin: 8/17/1993|
|In Archive? No|
170.2 Library Hours
The Furman University libraries maintain hours designed to meet the information needs of members of the University community. The libraries will be open during those hours that students and faculty regularly make use of library resources and services. Statistics on use are kept to provide data for planning regular and exceptional library hours. Each of the libraries will be open during those days and times when evidence indicates that a substantial number of students or faculty members would make use of its resources and services.
The libraries, in cooperation with the academic offices, will publicize their regular operating schedule and special hours.
1. University libraries will observe a "regular schedule" during the days that regular undergraduate classes are conducted during the academic year (September - May).
2. During the summer sessions (June - August), the libraries will observe an abbreviated schedule designed to meet the needs of summer school, graduate, and continuing education students.
3. The libraries will be closed on the following official University holidays: New Year's Day, Good Friday, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, the day after Christmas and New Year's Eve.
4. The library will operate on an abbreviated schedule during the following academic calendar interims: Fall Break, Thanksgiving holidays, Martin Luther King, Jr.,
5. Library entry doors will be locked fifteen (15) minutes prior to closing.
6. The Hamrick Family Study Lounge will be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week during the regular academic term. University ID cards provide access to this area. Study lounge hours will be abbreviated during academic breaks and holidays.