753.1 University Golf Course
|Created by: Stephanie Ferguson on 2/6/1999|
|Category: 7 - Auxiliary Operations; 50 - Golf Course|
|Originator: Director of Administrative Services|
|Current File: 753.1|
|Adoption Date: 12/14/1998|
|Reviewed for Currency: 5/24/2007|
|Replaces File: 753.1|
|Date of Origin: 12/5/1974|
|In Archive? No|
753.1 University Golf Course
The Furman University Golf Course is primarily for the use of persons affiliated with the affiliated with the University and the club members who contribute to the University. Therefore, regulations are necessary to control use, to insure safety, and to make the golf course enjoyable to all who may use the facility.
The Furman University Golf Course provides a home course for the University golf teams, a recreational facility for the Furman community, an instructional facility for the Health & Exercise Science Department, and an enhancement for Furman development. All golfers who play the course are subject t published regulations obtainable at the pro shop. Furman University does not assume responsibility for thefts or accidents caused by faulty decisions and risks taken by others on the golf course.
1. Play on the golf course shall be in accordance with the standards prescribed by United States Golf Association, referred to as the rules of golf and etiquette. Orderly play and proper course maintenance are shared responsibilities of the player and the golf course management.
2. The golf course is open for play on Tuesday through Sunday each week and closed for grounds maintenance on Mondays. However, it will be open on Monday if a holiday falls on that day.
3. Administrative management of the golf course is the responsibility of the Director of Administrative Services. The Golf Course Director is responsible for golf course operations, including grounds maintenance, and reports to the Director of Administrative Services.
4. The Golf Course Advisory Committee is representative of the major users of the golf course is appointed annually by the President to advise him and those responsible for administration of the course concerning any matters of policy or improvement of the course.
5. Full-time undergraduate students, faculty and staff (and their dependents) my play on a reduced greens fee basis.
6. Trustees and Advisory Council members may play free. Greens fees are charged to the Governing Board and Advisory Council budget.
7. Memberships are issued on an annual June 1 through May 31 basis, in the following categories:
8. In the event membership positions are full, a person may have his or her name placed on a waiting list.
9. Tee times must be scheduled in advance by all golfers, including faculty, staff, students and members. Weekday tee times can be scheduled no more than a week in advance: weekend tee times can be scheduled three days in advanced.
10. As a semi-private golf course, the public may call for tee times no more than two days in advance. This policy gives students, faculty, staff, and golf course members priority in making tee times.
11. Some university departments may need to allow a university guest to play at the expense of the university. The heads of these departments should contact the golf course management to arrange for this play. The requesting budget unit will be charged these guest fees.
12. Participants in special summer programs held on the Furman campus may play during the period of the program on a reduced greens fee basis.
13. Alcoholic beverages are prohibited on the Furman campus, which includes the golf course. Possession of such beverages will be reason for denying further use of the course. Furman students violating this rule will be subject to disciplinary action.
14. Children are not allowed on the course unless they understand the rules and etiquette of the game. Beginners are discourage from playing when the course is crowded.
15. Any person failing to abide by course regulations may have playing privileges withdrawn.