008.5 Travel to University Related Meetings by Administrative and Support Personnel
|Created by: Stephanie Ferguson on 2/20/2002|
|Category: 3 - Business Affairs; 80 - Service/Travel, 6 - Intercollegiate Athletics; 80 - Travel|
|Current File: 008.5|
|Adoption Date: 2/17/1999|
|Reviewed for Currency: 5/24/2007|
|Replaces File: 3/10/92|
|Date of Origin: 4/23/1975|
|In Archive? Yes|
008.5 Travel to University Related Meetings by Administrative and Support Personnel Only changed number to 388.5
Furman has traditionally supported the travel of administrative and support staff to professional meetings, including those at which the University should be officially represented in order to maintain proper standing, receive necessary information, enhance the knowledge and skills of an individual staff member, and to develop and maintain contact with other institutions.
Travel expenses incurred on official Furman business will be paid by the University if the expenses are properly authorized, reasonable and appropriately documented. Care must be exercised in the request and approval of travel to be certain budgets will absorb the expenditure and the University will benefit as expected.
1. Travel Form TEV is to be used for university travel. These forms are available in the office of Director of Administrative Services.
2. Meetings are to be evaluated in terms of importance to the University before approval is given.
3. Travel approval must be secured from at least one person upward in a reporting chain.
4. Travelers are encouraged to summarize their notes and share them with other staff members.
5. For administrative and support personnel, other travel references in the Policies and Procedures Manual are: