266.1 Dining Hall Food Service
|Created by: Pat Teague on 2/6/1999|
|Category: 2 - Student Life; 60 - Food/Housing|
|Originator: Director of Administrative Services|
|Current File: 266.1|
|Adoption Date: 5/14/1998|
|Reviewed for Currency: 5/19/2000|
|Replaces File: 266.1|
|Date of Origin: 3/11/1975|
|In Archive? Yes|
266.1 Dining Hall Food Service
Furman University Dining Services provides food service on campus for students, faculty, staff, and guests at three locations: Charles E. Daniel Dining Hall, the Pala Den Food Court (located in the University Center), and the Faculty and Staff Dining Room (located in Daniel Dining Hall).
All freshmen and other students who live in university residence halls which do not have kitchens in each room are required to participate in meal plans offered by Dining Services.
1. The following plans are available for 12-week terms (pro-rated plans are offered for 8-week terms):
2. PalaPoints is a declining balance program that allows students a great deal of choice and flexibility in their dining options. PalaPoints work like cash in any dining services location and are stored on the PalaCard student ID card so they are safe and convenient.
3. New students will be assigned the 19-meal plan but may change their selection by drop/add day. The plan selected for the Fall term will stay in effect for the remainder of the year unless changes are made to the plan by drop/add day of future terms.
4. Meal plans begin on registration day and end the last day of finals.
5. Commuting students or those students living in residence halls with qualified kitchen facilities may subscribe to any meal plan offered but are not required to purchase a plan.
6. To use a meal plan in Daniel Dining Hall, or PalaPoints in any food service location, the student must present his/her PalaCard. No passes are provided, and students may not enter the facility without their card.
7. Missed meals may not be made up. If a student has an extraordinary situation that requires him/her to miss meals regularly during the term, he/she should consult with the Food Service Director to discuss options.
8. Meal plans and ID cards are non-transferable. Holders may not pass, loan, or sell their meal plan or ID cards to anyone for any reason. Transfer of meal cards may result in disciplinary action as set forth in the Helmsman.
9. Food service locations at Furman University will follow the university schedule for holidays. If the university residence halls are open, there will be service in the dining hall, however, that service may be limited based on traffic. Notices will be posted in advance when regular hours of operation are modified or when the facility will be closed.
10. The Pala Den Food Court is located in the University Center and accepts PalaPoints, PalaCard, or cash.
11. The Faculty and Staff Dining Room is open Monday-Friday, 11:00 A.M. to 1:30 P.M. Customers may pay cash or purchase meal tickets from the Dining Services Office. The Faculty and Staff Dining Room features all you care to eat or a la carte options.