800.1 Director of Personnel
|Created by: Pat Teague on 2/6/1999|
|Category: 0 - General Administration; 00 - General, 8 - Human Resources; 00 - General|
|Current File: 800.1|
|Adoption Date: 3/21/1996|
|Reviewed for Currency: 5/19/2000|
|Replaces File: |
|Date of Origin: 3/21/1996|
|In Archive? Yes|
800.1 Director of Personnel
Human resources planning is an important function in the overall planning process for the university. Development and monitoring of employment, payroll, compensation, benefits, and evaluations are necessary for equity among employees and for faculty and staff satisfaction.
The Director of Personnel provides services to meet the needs of the faculty and staff in the areas of human resource planning, compensation, benefits, employment, policy development and implementation, evaluations, compliance, and payroll.
1. The Director of Personnel is appointed by the President and is directly responsible to the President.
2. The duties and functions of this office include:
- Supervising the personnel staff by establishing procedures, assigning priorities, reviewing work performance, providing training and hiring/firing/disciplining as needed;
- Maintaining the compensation plan by performing job analysis and job evaluation, completing job descriptions and salary surveys, and presenting and justifying changes to the compensation plan;
- Reviewing and monitoring the benefit package, developing benefit bid packages and benefit education and wellness programs and deciding on changes to the benefit program to meet employee needs;
- Developing and implementing employment procedures including application forms, procedures and policies, recruitment, and reviewing requisitions, reports and applications for compliance with policies and procedures;
- Preparing the updating policies and procedures for personnel services to state university policy and to comply with state and federal laws;
- Monitoring the use of the performance review system by reviewing evaluations submitted and conducting training courses and following up on evaluations requiring justification;
- Reviewing and approving payroll changes to ensure accuracy and compliance with university policies;
- Preparing the annual budget for the personnel area and monitoring and approving expenditures;
- Preparing the university budget for faculty and staff salaries and benefits based on the Budget Committee's recommended salary pool and preparing salary agreements;
- Evaluating and expanding the automated personnel management system by updating or creating data files, tables, screens and reports;
- Assisting departments in human resource planning; and
- Completing special projects, including report preparation, research, analysis, training meetings, etc., as assigned by the President.