170.2 Library Hours
|Created by: Pat Teague on 2/5/1999|
|Category: 1 - Academic Affairs; 70 - Library|
|Originator: Director of Libraries|
|Current File: 170.2|
|Adoption Date: 1/29/1999|
|Reviewed for Currency: 1/29/1999|
|Replaces File: 170.2|
|Date of Origin: 8/17/1993|
|In Archive? Yes|
170.2 Library Hours
The Furman University libraries maintain hours designed to meet the information needs of members of the University community. The libraries will be open during those hours that students and faculty regularly make use of library resources and services. Statistics on use are kept to provide data for planning regular and exceptional library hours. Each of the libraries will be open during those days and times when evidence indicates that a substantial number of students or faculty members would make use of its resources and services.
The libraries, in cooperation with the academic officers, will publish annually its regular operating schedule and special hours for the entire year.
1. University libraries will observe a "regular schedule" during the days that regular undergraduate classes are conducted during the academic year (September - May).
2. During the summer sessions (June - August), the libraries will observe an abbreviated schedule designed to meet the needs of summer school and continuing education students.
3. The libraries will be closed on official University holidays. These include New Year's Day, Good Friday, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, two days after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, the day after Christmas and New Year's Eve.
4. The library will operate on an abbreviated schedule during the following academic calendar interims: Fall Break, Thanksgiving holidays, between Fall Term and Winter Term, between Winter Term and Spring Term, Easter Holidays, between Spring Term and the first Summer Session, between Summer Sessions, and between second Summer Session and Fall Term. The official schedule for each library will be posted on the front door, at the Circulation Desk, and on the library web page two (2) weeks prior to the interim period. Interim hours will be planned to meet the needs of continuing education students as well as students and faculty remaining on campus.
5. Library entry doors will be locked fifteen (15) minutes prior to closing.