SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS SPONSORED BY FURMAN LINK: 2013-2014
On behalf of all three organizations and their respective directors, many thanks for your generosity!
Once again, at this year’s events sponsored by Furman Link, there will be opportunities to donate to Foothills Family Resources, to the North Greenville Food Crisis Ministry, and/or to the Furman Chaplain’s Fund. These three worthy organizations provide much-needed services. Some of our Furman friends and our neighbors in Northern Greenville County could use a
Mark Your Calendar!
Note: Date - Event - Time and place (sponsored organization)
- Saturday, September 28, 2013 - Casual Coffee - 10:00 am at White Oaks, 1209 Roe Ford Rd. (NGFCM) Coordinators: Executive Committee
- Saturday,October 12, 2013 – Zumba – 10:00 am, at the PAC, Dance Studio (Great for Beginners!) Teacher: Amy Schiera
- Saturday, December 7, 2013 - Holiday Dinner - 6:30 pm at the Watkins Room in the NEW Trone University Center Nutcracker Theme and Surprise Entertainment. Coordinators: Barbara Allen and Jacquelyn Fehler (Furman Chaplain’s Fund)
- Saturday, March 15, 2014 - Spring Luncheon - time and venue to be announced (FFR) Coordinators: Tracy Sorrells, Lindy Fowler, and Lori Nelson
- Saturday, April 12, 2014 - Easter Egg Hunt -10:30 to 11:30 am, White Oaks Lawn (FFR) Coordinator: Veronica Yockey Assistant Coordinator: Danee Frederick
2013-2014 Sponsored Organizations
• FFR - Foothills Family Resources
• NGFCM - North Greenville Food Crisis Ministry
• FCF - Furman Chaplain’s Fund
Foothills Family Resources (FFR)
David W. Bolton, Executive Director -- read his column, “We’re here for you” (www.trtribune.com)
P.O. Box 246 (physical address: 3 Main Street) Slater, SC 29683
Telephone: 864-836-1100 Open Monday – Thursday, 8 am -4:30pm; Friday, 8am – 4pm
Website: www.foothillsfamilyresources.org (website will be updated soon)
Foothills Family Resources provides a wide variety of “in-house” and colocated services. Among them: help to apply for SNAP (DSS - Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program), Medicaid, Medicare, WIC (Dept of Health), Tax preparation, GED (GCSD, Greenville Tech), Piedmont Women’s Center (pregnancy testing, etc), SHARE Early Head Start (day care), vocational rehab, Greenville Mental Health. Your monetary donations are especially appreciated for families in crisis.
Food pantries at both FFR and at NGFCM, are always in need of the following non-perishable items:
Peanut butter, Jelly, Cereals, Canned vegetables, canned fruit, Spaghetti sauce, Soups, Canned meats, and Side dishes (grits, stuffing, potatoes, rice, pastas, Ramen noodles)
Also needed: Diapers (sizes 3 and up), Baby wipes, Toiletries, and Feminine hygiene supplies
The North Greenville Food Crisis Ministry (NGFCM)
Suzanne King Kolb, Executive Director
Mailing address: P.O. Box 1672
Travelers Rest, SC 29690
Physical address: 864 North Highway 25 Bypass (across from Reedy River Baptist Church)
Open Monday – Thursday, 9 am – 11 am
Website: www.ngfcm.org , http://ngfcm.blogspot.com/
In addition to a similar list of non-perishable food items for their food pantry, NGFCM also collects new and “gently used” coats, clothing, and blankets. Monetary donations are welcome, as well.
Furman Chaplain’s Fund (FCF):
Checks should be written out to Furman University and marked Chaplain’s Fund.
Mail to: Office of the Chaplain, c/o Susan Bennett; Furman University; 3300 Poinsett Hwy; Greenville, SC 29613
This year’s Holiday Dinner will be held on December 7th, 2013, at 6:30 PM, in the Watkins Room, at Furman. There will be a charge for dinner. In addition, and in association with this event, please consider making a generous contribution to the Furman Chaplain’s Fund, which
helps with financial emergencies experienced by colleagues, students, or other friends at Furman.
****Donations, to these three organizations, are tax-deductible. ***
Thank you for helping our neighbors and best wishes to you all!
Chantal Patton, Furman Link Service Coordinator
firstname.lastname@example.org (telephone: 834-5624)
Fundraisers for North Greenville Food Crisis Ministry:
- Tuesday, Oct. 29th, 2013: 4th Annual (Golf) Tournament of Hope, Furman University Golf Course Registration begins at 9 am; 10 am “shotgun start” Lite breakfast and lunch provided Information (864-834-7342 or 864-246-2141)
- Sunday, November 10th, 2013 Holiday Bazaar and Canned Food Drive. Please see website for details. December 8th, 2013, 10 am: TR Christmas Parade
Fundraisers for Foothills Family Resources:
- Tuesday, October 15th: new this year - a “Friend Raiser.” To be held at the Café at Williams Hardware, 13 S. Main Street, Travelers Rest. 6:00 to 8:00 pm Please RSVP by October 1st to email@example.com
- Strawberry Festival: date in May, 2014, to be announced