As members of the Furman community, we support our university’s efforts to reduce its environmental impacts and implement campus-wide sustainability principles. By all doing a little, we can accomplish so much!
Our apartment/room pledges,
for the 2007-08 school year, to try our best to:
- Collect recyclable materials, and take our recycling to the correct bins nearest our building.
- Turn off the lights when we are last to leave a room.
- Turn off the television, stereo, and appliances when we leave the room.
- Take shorter showers, and turn off the water when brushing teeth.
- Set our computers to go to sleep mode after 5 – 10 idle minutes.
- Keep the apartment temperature at a moderate level throughout the year.
- Take advantage of the dining hall’s local food section when menu options are comparable to what we would like to eat.
- Walk and bike to classes.
- Carpool every time we have to drive.
- Encourage each other and our friends to act in an eco-friendly way when the opportunity arises.