Severe Weather Policy
The Maxwell Music Library may be open for abbreviated hours when the university is closed for winter storms.
- When all day classes are cancelled the library will normally open at 10:30 am.
- In case of extreme weather where transportation is not possible (roads are closed, etc.) the library will be closed.
- If evening classes are cancelled the library may close at 10:00 pm or at any time thereafter.
- If it is announced that classes are cancelled the following day, the library may close at 10:00 pm or at any time thereafter.
- If severe weather occurs on the weekend then the library will generally be closed.
- The library will not close early on nights before final exams.
- During academic breaks, if the announcement is made that the university is closed, then the library will be closed.
Changes in library hours will be posted on voice mail for the main library (x2190) as soon as possible, as well as posted to the website, Facebook
, and Twitter