Loading hours... Loading Animation
Show Search Tools Open theSearch Search Tool Open the Catalog Search Tool Open the Research Guides Search Tool Open the Databases Search Tool Open the eJournals Search Tool Open the Digicenter Search Tool Open the Library Site Search Tool

Dubbing Request Policy

Any faculty member teaching at Furman University may request that copies of sound recordings be made for classroom use, including for purposes of creating listening exercises, exams, classroom presentation, and examples to accompany lectures, lecture recitals, and scholarly papers. All copies placed on reserve will be housed in the Music Library and will not circulate outside the Music Library to anyone other than the faculty member teaching the course or to students making a class presentation. The Library normally will not make multiple copies of reserve recordings or of a single musical selection. If course enrollment exceeds 50, the Library will make one copy for every 50 students.

The Music Library will not make copies of reserve tapes or other recordings for individual students. The only exception is for students to use in classroom presentations or as examples to accompany a paper, lecture or lecture recital. These requests must have the approval of the supervising faculty member.

Faculty within the Department of Music and their Teaching Assistants may use the dubbing equipment themselves after having been trained sufficiently. Library faculty or staff will be available to make copies, upon request, for Music faculty who would rather not use the equipment, for faculty outside the Department of Music, and for all authorized student requests. Allow 72 hours (3 days) for copies to be made.

Copyright compliance is the responsibility of the person making the request. A copyright notice must be displayed on the copy, and such notice must either be a transcription of the original copyright notice or should state that "the work may be protected by copyright." It should be sufficient to attach a transcription or photocopy of the copyright notice(s) to the recorded copy.

Make a dubbing request.