Mission and Goals
As the intellectual center of the university, the Library supports the curriculum and meets the research and information needs of students, faculty and staff.
- Build a relevant physical and virtual collection that is user-friendly and well-maintained.
- Maximize access to resources and services through collaborative partnerships and other strategies.
- Provide aesthetically pleasing, comfortable, and environmentally sustainable facilities that encourage study, research, contemplation and collaborative learning.
- Hire and develop helpful, competent, and qualified faculty and staff necessary for all library operations.
- Provide services to help students develop critical thinking skills in the process of locating, evaluating and using information effectively.
- Foster productive relationships with students, faculty, university constituencies and outside user communities.
- Promote ongoing professional and service opportunities and training for library faculty and staff.
- Embrace an ongoing process of analysis, reflection, and adaptation to a rapidly changing information landscape.