Minutes of Meeting December 5, 2003 Meeting was convened at 8pm at Delaney's Pub in Columbia , SC. Representatives who attended the meeting:
Kerry Cope, Christy Bennett,
Kelly Thompson, and Lisa Pate Augusta M/W
Vanessa Krysa Charleston Men, Coll. of Charleston M/W
Sara McGowan Charleston Women
Patrick Reid Citadel
Cliff Ramsdell and Dave Brett Columbia Men
Angie Wilson Columbia Women
John Graham (PRU President) Coastal Carolina University
John Roberts - (PRU Treasurer) Furman M/W
TD Maze Lander College
Kelly Lawson Myrtle Beach
Justin Czerski and Patrick Lorentz USC Men
Liz Skellyand Holly Weichman USC Women
Other Officers in Attendance
John Meyers - Disciplinary Chairman - PRU
- 15 teams registered for 2003 were represented and a thus a quorum was declared.
- The first order of business was to adopt a Constitution for the Union . John Graham presented the key points of the Constitution, and stated that it would be available in its entirety from the Palmetto Union website. The main issue discussed was the new fee structure. Rugby South dues are increased to $425 per year, and the Palmetto Union dues were lowered to $300 per year.
- The second order of business was the financial status and budget for the Union . The remaining debt to Rugby South has been put aside. With no debt and the addition of several full member clubs, the Union will be in excellent shape financially. In 2004, the goal is to use the majority of incoming funds to further support the Palmetto Select Side teams.
- Third order of business was dues for the 2004 season. The fee structure was discussed previously. In 2003, several clubs joined the Palmetto Union as associate members with the benefit of having Union fees waived. It is expected that these clubs would become full members in 2004 and pay the Union fees. These clubs were Winthrop, Coastal Carolina University , Lander, and College of Charleston men.
- Fourth order of business was election of officers. John Graham, John Roberts, and John Meyers agreed to continue to serve as President, Treasurer, and Disciplinary Chairman, respectively. Other offices were elected as follows.
Office Elected E-mail
President John Graham email@example.com
Vice-President Angie Wilson firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer John Roberts email@example.com
Select Side Coordinator John Graham firstname.lastname@example.org
College Coordinator Bill Bell email@example.com
Secretary Lisa Pate firstname.lastname@example.org
Disciplinary Chairman John Meyers email@example.com
- A brief discussion was held to highlight the accomplishments of the Palmetto Union in 2003.
- Charleston Men -
- College of Charleston Women -
- Furman Men
- Select Side Teams
- The Augusta Club representatives formally apologized for the failure of Augusta Menâ€™s Team to attend the Palmetto Tournament.
- The Columbia Womenâ€™s Club representative expressed a concern that several players were bad-mouthing certain womenâ€™s teams specifically because of sexual preferences of the players. Everyone agreed that this behavior was to be strongly discouraged.
- Also, an e-mail list was compiled: