Our major in business administration emphasizes an interdisciplinary view of business management. Leading to the Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree, the curriculum
introduces students to
accounting, economics, marketing, and operations management. The major also allows you to pursue your wide-ranging interests and ideas through our electives.
To graduate with a major in business administration, a student must successfully complete at least 125 credits with at least 45 credits earned at Furman (including the final 28, and final 15 of the major). Students must also maintain at least a 2.00 grade point average for courses used to satisfy the major requirements.
A major must include:
- ECN 101: Macroeconomics
- ECN 102: Microeconomics
- ECN 225: Statistics
- ACC 111: Principles of Financial Accounting
- ACC 301: Principles of Managerial Accounting
- BUS 320: Marketing
- BUS 330: Operations Management
- BUS 340: Business Finance
- BUS 350: Business Law I
- BUS 450: Strategic Management
- CSC 101: Introduction to Computer Science
- Five to seven additional elective courses in accounting, business administration or economics.