TWO 2 TRANSFORM: Spring 2014 Photo Contest
Open to Spring 2013, May 2013, and Fall 2013 study away participants
Deadline: Wednesday, FEBRUARY 26, 2014
CASH AWARD information is listed below! Chance to win up to $400!
Want to reflect on your study away experience? If you participated in a spring 2013, may 2013, or fall 2013 exchange, affiliate, or faculty-led exchange program, this opportunity is for you!
In order to participate, you will make a two minute presentation
displaying six photos from your study away experience with a recorded narrative. Your narrative can be a poem, journal entry, or reflective thoughts in the language of your choice. The idea is that your presentation will represent your experience as a whole, so please use photos that represent cultural encounters
, learning moments
, natural ecology
, and any other that represent your study away experience well.
Create a powerpoint including 6 digital images. Each image should appear for 20 seconds to create a total time of 2 minutes. No text should appear on the slides/images. 2.
Write a narrative to accompany your slides that reflect your overall study away experience. Record the narrative as a voiceover so it will be heard as your images are seen. 3.
Save your photo contest presentation as a video. Upload your video as "unlisted" on Youtube. You may use your google account or create a free account in order to upload.4.
Submit the Youtube link of your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the title of your submission, the text of your narrative, and the six individual photos attached to the email. Sounds tricky? NO WAY! Use these "How-to" pdf guidelines.
How-to for a Mac: How to_Mac.pdf
How-to for a PC: How to _pc.pdf
- All entries must be original works and are the property of Furman University Office for Study Away and International Education upon submission.
- Please submit high quality files (.jpg, .tif, .png) in the attachment of the email as they may be used to display during an exhibition.
- If you choose to narrate in a language other than English, please provide a written translation into English
- In the text of your email, you must include the following information (you may copy and paste this list into your email):
1. Name of the photographer (this should be you)
2. The title of your "Two 2 Transform" submission
3. Your current class year
4. Where each photo was taken (city, country)
5. The name of the Study Away Program
6. The text of your narrative
7. This sentence: " I_______(type your full name here)_______
understand that by submitting my photographs, I am giving
permission for the Office for Study Away and International
Education to use the photo for promotional purposes in print
and website materials."
First place: $100 President's Award
Second Place: $75 Dean's Award
The first and second place winners will compete in the Upstate International Month "Regional Two 2 Transform" Competition on March 27 at 7:00 PM.
Prizes for the regional competition:
1st place: $300
2nd place: $200
3rd place: $100