Once you have been notified of your acceptance into a study away program, you will need to communicate your intent to participate to Furman. The steps you'll need to complete depend on the type of program. Be sure to contact the Study Away office if you have any questions.

Confirming your Study Away Participation

In order to secure your spot in a Furman faculty-led, affiliate, or exchange study away program, you will need to submit two signed documents and a non-refundable deposit to the study away office by the acceptance deadline for your specific program.

For May 2014, Fall 2014, and Spring 2014 study away programs, the Consent Form and your program's Financial Agreement can be found in the online application system once you have been accepted to a study away program.  These forms require signatures from both the student and a parent or guardian. Please note that we can not accept photocopied or faxed signatures on these forms, so you'll have to mail or hand-deliver the originals to the study away office.

For the Summer 2014 Washington DC Program only, please use the following:

Consent & Indemnity Form
Please read and follow the instructions carefully to properly execute this form. 
Financial Agreement

Program Deposit
Check your financial agreement for the specific deposit amount and due date required for your program.  Your deposit will be applied to your total program costs and appear as a credit on the final billing for your study away program.  View payment information

Post-acceptance Additional Steps

If you are participating in an affiliate or exchange program or a non-Furman program, there are some additional steps that you may need to complete in order to receive course credit or obtain approval for a leave of absence.

Transfer Course Authorization
For Furman affiliate and exchange programs and all non-Furman programs
Complete a Transfer Course Authorization Form and gain pre-approval for your intended courses abroad from the Register's Office.

Consortium Agreement
For Furman affiliate programs
If you receive federal or state financial aid, you should fill out a Financial Aid Consortium Agreement in order to transfer your aid to the affiliate program. You will need to enter the fees for your program and have this form signed by Furman's financial aid office before mailing it to your program provider's office.

Leave of Absence for Study Away
For all non-Furman programs
Non-Furman program participants should consult with a study away adviser and submit a Leave of Absence for study away form to the Office of the Associate Academic Dean during the semester before their intended program.

Connect with Admission

Furman University is one of the nation's premier undergraduate liberal arts colleges. We offer outstanding academics, opportunities for a broad range of talented students with a passion for learning, a robust arts program, and NCAA Division I athletics.

Want more information about the admission process at Furman?

Contact us

Once you see our campus, making the right college decision will be so much easier.

Plan a visit

Undergraduate Evening Studies provides adults the opportunity to receive an education from one of the premier liberal arts universities in the nation.

Whether you are starting or continuing your education, or have been away from the classroom for a few months or several years, our program provides many services to assist you with accomplishing your educational and professional goals.

Apply now

Our graduate studies program is designed for the professional educator.

We know the challenges teachers and administrators face every day, and we are committed to helping you become a leader within your school system or district.

Apply now
  • Furman University