TELL ME MORE!
At the beginning of the fall semester, all degree
seeking international students get the incredible opportunity of
arriving to Greenville, South Carolina prior to other freshmen students
to participate in an extended orientation to Furman University. This is an incredible all-inclusive opportunity for you to jump into Furman
prepared for your next four years!WHAT'S INCLUDED?
- Airport pick-up from Greenville Spartanburg Airport (GSP), August 10, 2016
- Introduction to Furman's campus
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks each day
- Early move-in to your dormitory
- Mock classes to simulate a Furman classroom experience
- A three night excursion to a local camp, Asbury Hills
- Other academic, cultural, and social events
WHAT ARE OA'S?
Orientation Assistants (OAs) will be there to help you throughout orientation. These students are domestic Furman students who are interested in spending time with international students and welcoming them to Furman!
WHAT IS THE SCHEDULE?
The schedule is packed and we promise you won't want to miss a day. Below you will find a sneak peek at your first full day on campus...
8:30 AM Breakfast with Orientation Assistants
9:30 AM Meet and Greet with Furman President (pending schedule)
10:00 AM Campus tours: Walking tour and Golf Cart tour
11:45 AM Picnic Lunch on the Furman lawn
1:00 PM Ice Breaker Activities
2:00 PM Campus Scavenger Hunt with Orientation Assistants
3:30 PM Break
6:00 PM Welcome dinner (families are invited!)
7:00 PM Movie in on-campus theater (Burgiss Theater)
9:00 PM Free-time/bed-time/get rid of your jet-lag